Is it a new tablet, hand-held or an iPad rival?
Details are emerging of the new Dell “Looking Glass”. It is early days, but already it is being touted as an iPad rival. So what makes it so special?
The specification is as follows:
- 7inch display – resolution of just 800×480
- NVidia T20 (or Tegra 2) processor
- 4GB of RAM
- an SD card slot for additional storage
- 1.3 megapixel front facing camera for video calling
- optional digital TV tuner module so you can watch live TV
- compatible with Mp3, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, Midi and WAV audio formats
- supports H.263/H.264, 3GP, MPEG4, WMV and FLV (Flash) video formats
- USB 2.0
- a G-sensor
- a 2100 mAh battery
- supports multitasking
An initial scan of the features shows it has some of the functions that the iPad lacks, but does it have the style and ‘desirability’ that Apple manage to breath in to their products?
As it is St. George’s Day (patron saint of England), perhaps I will be forgiven a bit of jingoism and say that the head designer for all Apple products Jonathan Ive, is a Brit.